Sunday, February 23, 2014

Things We Hate...Why Is It Always Hate?

I've had a bit of writer's block.  Or in this case bloggers block...or in this case just guy typing on the internet block.

Seems like you actually need to be a writer to have writer's block.

Seems like you actually need to be a blogger to have blogger's block.



I am however just a guy typing on the internet.

To get on with the story, I asked Ms. Marvel for suggestions on the blog.  I often ask Ms. Marvel for help.

She said "Do a pet peeves blog...those always seem to work."

I've been mulling that over.  What are my pet peeves....well people that say "irregardless" and people that say "For all intesive purposes".

Not enough juice to squeeze there.

People that use ridiculous consulting phrases.  Still not enough for the reader.

We have to go deep here.  What do I hate?  Well, for starters...lots of things.  Today while playing outside with Little Bit it hit me.

Warning to my one reader:  Mom.  I'm going to curse here.


As I played outside with Little Bit today I tried the mental exercise.

What things do I hate?  Democrats, Republicans, liberals, gun grabbers...good start.  What else?  What else can I really get vitriolic about and get my reader engaged.  I wondered why I would want that reader.  I wouldn't accept them as a friend.  I wondered why another person would want to read about something that someone else hated.

This is the worst form of mental masturbation that I can imagine...that is to say,  largely the stupidest thing I can fathom.

Why focus on the negative?

Why in the hell is someone else reading about something that someone else gets mad about?  Is there not enough wretched shit going on in the world that worrying about someone else's petty fucking problems is the stupidest fucking thing in the entire world?

Dad once told me "If someone gives you a gift and you don't accept it, it's not yours to own."  What he meant, was that you choose.  It's the attitude speech.

“The longer I live, the more I realize the impact of attitude on life. Attitude, to me, is more important than facts. It is more important than the past, the education, the money, than circumstances, than failure, than successes, than what other people think or say or do. It is more important than appearance, giftedness or skill. It will make or break a company... a church... a home. The remarkable thing is we have a choice everyday regarding the attitude we will embrace for that day. We cannot change our past... we cannot change the fact that people will act in a certain way. We cannot change the inevitable. The only thing we can do is play on the one string we have, and that is our attitude. I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% of how I react to it. And so it is with you... we are in charge of our Attitudes.” 

It's my fiddle...it's mine to play.  Attitude defines everything.

Why would I willingly decide to read what someone else hates?  If I don't take your gift then I don't own it.  It's not mine.  I don't want it.

I've already got enough going on.  I don't need yours.

This isn't a hippy post.  In general I work pretty hard to keep myself at a controlled boil.




There's going to be lots of Hulk references...in case that wasn't clear.

Here's what I made with Little Bit while outside today.  While I was pondering and mulling.



So over the next few days I'm going to do a series of Things I like.

We're turning the internet on its head now.  Bill Gore, the inventor, is spinning in his grave  

This doesn't mean you need to like them.  It might spark the imp of perverse and it might spark the imp of curious.

Just go and be good humans.

"Do unto others as you would have them do unto you."

Both my fathers have said that.

No comments:

Post a Comment