Sunday, February 9, 2014

Call Me Ishmael...

Every epic story begins with a memorable line...
"Call me Ishmael"

"It was the best of times, it was the worst of times"

"It was night again. The Waystone Inn lay in silence, and it was a silence of three parts".

This is not that blog, please feel free to click on the links to the right for epic blogs.

The hardest part of anything seems to be just getting started. As my father used to say, "The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step. However, that's a long journey and nobody else has done it so just lie and tell everyone you did it."

Dad never actually said that...

If you're looking for a blog written by a person with slightly funny but warped sense of humor; hang around.



So what is this blog about...

Let's start by talking about the name.

4 years ago, prior to the birth of my daughter when mom and dad were well rested, well fed and living high on the hog...dad was chasing mom around the house.  As I jumped onto the bed and landed in a bottom squat position with my hands hanging low at my sides, my wife remarked, "You look like a silver back gorilla".



As my eyes got misty and a single tear rolled down my face, I realized...that's the nicest single thing that anyone has ever told me.

Now we have the name.

So what is this blog going to be about...(it took me a long time to get here)

Being a father
Being an awesome husband
Being a crappy husband
How to go about being both of the above in a 10 minute interval
Lifting - AKA getting big
Eating to support lifting - AKA killing everything



Fishing
Hunting
Whatever random thought hits my frontal lobe as I'm logged into my account.

1 comment:

  1. I've seen a gorilla hunt and fish. Come hangout and ye shall see.

    ReplyDelete