Sunday, February 9, 2014

Deadlifts 2.9.2014

Day started as normal...

I said something incredibly insensitive to my wife and she slept in the other room.

As the words spilled against the front of my teeth and rolled off my tongue I realized that the weren't coming back despite the my hands fumbling at my mouth.  Actually, none of that is true.  I was angry and said it with malice.  I did instantly regret it and not because of the immediate pain it would cause but because I knew that I had lost my temper.

Temper is a funny word...it means something.  It's the ability of a piece of metal to keep its edge.  It measures the degree of hardness and flexibility of a piece of metal.  It also happens when you add elements to a metal to make it stronger...

My wife, from now on called Ms. Marvel, keeps all of this running.  It's important to understand Ms. Marvel the character, this is where it gets nerdy, she was one of the most powerful characters in the Marvel universe but commonly dealt with problems below her powers and also felt like she was underused.  She went toe to toe with the most powerful characters in the Marvel universe, won and walked away.  That's all important because it's a metaphor for what I think of her and what she thinks.


The only major fault my wife has is that she married the Hulk.  Bruce Banner just wants to be left alone, very libertarian, that's going to be a common theme.  The Hulk only knows how to smash, so when you engage The Hulk you get Hulk results.

So....

I woke up with my little girl.  Food intake sucked...ate a couple pieces of bacon.  A pot and a half of coffee.  I did get to be a chef, firefighter, robot, police officer, musical conductor and probably a bunch of other stuff I'm forgetting.

Ms. Marvel got up around noon.  No, we didn't go to church.  I wasn't walking into that den to wake her.  Daniel is a bigger man than me.



Lunch was 6 pieces of salami, Kraft single on bread with some italian dressing.  Poor boys lunch.



Deadlifts
5 week
Got to 385 x 7
FSL - First Set Last
295 5x5
SDL 5x10 @ 200
Leg Curls - nobody cares, it's accessory work
Pull Ups 5x10 close grip
Shrugs - nobody cares, it's accessory work

That's below my rep PR but in retrospect I think it was diet.  Not enough fuel to lift.

Dinner was 3 pieces of tilapia, working on that quart of milk.


No comments:

Post a Comment