Sunday, February 1, 2015

Trying The Next Post

This one's not going to be great.

Why didn't they hand off the ball?

I have the luxury of sitting at home and second guessing the coach's call.

Win or lose, it makes no difference on my life.  Although, I did read a study that shows when the Patriots win the economy takes a down turn.  That shouldn't happen due to the Saudi's trying to keep oil prices low in order to bankrupt the shale producers.  Lower oil prices mean increased spending in our economy.  The economic outlook is good in large part thanks to the Saudis...strange times.  The lower oil prices will also hurt the Chinese and you should see the dollar strengthen in relation to the yen.

I digress.  What has Bellichick won other than another title.  In the wake of "deflategate", "spygate" and other cleverly plumbed titles, it's a kingdom built on...

Is it cheating?  Is it good coaching?  Can it be both?

Can the desire to win be so great that it leads you down paths you wouldn't and shouldn't tread?

As a society we are so obsessed with "winning" but quick to throw away success.  Americans hate a success story.  That's a whole idea to itself.

I'm reminded of fishing with my dad and he said "You can build a thousand bridges and they'll call you the Great Bridge Builder, but all you have to do is screw one goat."

This was also a strange game.  It was a matter of a team snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.

It's not good, and I hate putting something out there this unfinished but I don't have much other than the pressure of people asking me to write.

Let's see if I can get the juices started again.


1 comment: